Friday, November 14, 2008

Welcome to my world!

For the past year (or so) I've been blogging on myspace (much to the chagrin of my kids who think I'm too old to be on myspace!) and was recently inspired by a wonderful young lady to change my forum. Well... that, and my business/life coach has been on my butt to get back into blogging, and myspace just seems too... well... limiting! So, here goes!

Welcome to my world... my world of Life After 40! Why Life After 40? Well... I remember as a child thinking 40 was sooooooo old! I had fleeting thoughts of dying at 40... I couldn't imagine being so ancient! Well, now I'm here, actually comfortably past "here", still alive, still kickin', and enjoying life more than I ever thought possible! My kids are grown, and we have lots of fun together, I have the most amazing friends in the world, I've done more of the things I've wanted to do in the past few years than I've done in all my life... life is good right now!

Why blog? As with many of us here, I need the outlet of writing. Yes, I could write privately, but I've found that sharing has brought healing. When I've blogged about pain, invariably someone has shared something with me that has given me peace. Also, often I've put something in my blog that has brought someone else peace... and that's what it's all about - giving and receiving peace, healing and friendship.

I hope that what I share adds to your life, even if it's just a laugh!

No comments: